Dr. Ramirez and the rest of the Tiny Texans Pediatric Dentistry family is officially declaring Summer 2018 to be the, "Summer of Fun!"
Did you know that writing down a goal or dream increases the likelihood of accomplishing it by 42%? Dr. Gail Matthews, a psychology professor, studied hundreds of people and found that those who wrote things down and reviewed them regularly had a much higher likelihood of completion.
Our goal is for you to have the best summer ever, so we made a download for YOUR family to make a list of all the fun things you hope to do this summer. We even filled out a couple of them for you. Wink wink.
Let each family member take a turn adding an item to the list. Schedule a few of the items out on the calendar. If the task requires spending money, make it a lesson in savings and budgeting and put a special jar somewhere visible so that everyone can make contributions (no matter how small).
Don’t forget to snap a photo when checking items off of your list. Keeping a journal of your summer adventures is also a fun idea. If you have kids who haven’t learned to write yet, have them draw a picture to remember completing each task.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Call Tiny Texans Pediatric Dentistry at 512.646.4500 and schedule your bi annual cleanings (well, we think it’s fun)
- Visit a national park
- Make a WHOLE dinner over a campfire
- Practice a random act of kindness for a stranger
- Take a day trip to a place no one in the family has visited
- Make a blanket fort
- Make homemade ice cream
- Brush your teeth after eating homemade ice cream
- Have a water balloon fight
Be sure to share your list and progress with us!